Speedway Motors G-Body and S10 tubular control arms offer all the same benefits at a fraction of the cost of other brands, Heavy duty tubular design and increased positive caster for optimum handling and performance, 1-1/4” upper and 1-1/2” lower .120” wall thickness DOM steel tubing is precision bent, jig located and MIG welded for maximum strength, Greaseable Delrin bushings virtually eliminate flex and reduce friction to improve handling while remaining squeak free, New greaseable ball joints come pre-installed and are OEM replacement designs making service parts readily available 1978-88 G-Body and S10 Tubular Control Arms, Upper and Lower Kit Sku # 9161988 Mfr. Part # 9161988 Condition New Brand Speedway Motors Sold Kit Details Info
- Fits 1978 to 1988 GM G-Body cars as well as 1982 to 2004 S-10 two wheel drive trucks
- Kit includes both upper and lower control arms ready for installation
- Large ID bushings for the front position of the lower control arms are included for S-10 applications with 14mm front bolts
- Improoves header clearance compared to the stock stamped upper control arms
- Strong tubular construction with durable gloss black powder coat protection
- Control arms feature greasable Delrin bushings and OEM-style ball joints preinstalled
- Stock ride height is retained and can be used with stock springs, drop springs or with coilover kits
- Polyurethane bump stops are included for both upper and lower control arms
- Compatible with factory style sway bar end links to attach to your existing sway bar
- Tubular upper control arms feature additional positive caster for improved handling
- Billet steel cross shaft for maximum strength to resist deflection
- Increased positive caster for optimum handling performance
- Work well along with stock spindles as well as drop spindles
- Compatible with stock disc brakes and aftermarket disc brake upgrades
Improve Your G-Body or S10's Handling with a Bolt-On Control Arm Upgrade
Your S-10, Monte Carlo SS, Buick Grand National, or other G-body utilize the same front suspension configuration mounted to a perimeter frame. The factory front upper and lower control arms use traditional stamped steel assemblies fitted with a coil spring and a shock absorber for dampening. These pieces provided a fairly decent ride, however, today’s world is vastly different. We want our cars to handle well, fit big disc brakes, and wide sticky rubber. The stock stamped steel control arms can literally flex and fail under the cornering and braking forces applied to them, especially in a track environment. The last thing any enthusiast wants is a part failure that could potentially cause damage to their pride and joy (or worse, cause injuries). Updating your G-body or S10 with Speedway Motors’ beefy tubular control arms strengthens and enhances your car or truck’s handling.
Stamped Versus Tubular, The Benefits of Our Control Arms Are Obvious
As we stated earlier, a stamped steel control arm invites lots of sloppiness into your suspension due to flexing and twisting. While a stamping is indeed stronger than a flat sheet of metal, tubing is stronger still. So, when creating tubular suspension with steel tubing you greatly increase the rigidity of the product, eliminating that slop from twisting and flexing. What does that mean for you behind the wheel? When it comes to tubular control arms vs stock stamped arms you dive into a corner on our tubular control arms your vehicle will go where you point it to. Getting down on that brake pedal for some extreme braking? Even your brakes will perform better since your tubular control arms aren’t flexing under that hard braking input.
These are the best tubular control arms G-body and S 10 owners will find and feature a robust 1-1/2-inch diameter tubing for the tubular lower control arms and 1-1/4-inch tubing for the tubular upper control arms, both finished in a show-quality gloss black powder coat. Wall thickness of our tubular steel control arms is .120-inch on both the uppers and the lowers. Due to the thickness and material diameters these GM G body tubular control arms weigh in at 7 pounds each for the upper and 10 pounds each on the lower.
We have fitted greasable Delrin bushings and OE-spec ball joints to our tubular A arms with easy access grease fittings to make maintenance a breeze. Polyurethane bump stops are included for both upper and lower arm assemblies and these control arms are compatible with stock-style shock absorbers or can be used with aftermarket coilover shocks.
A Direct Bolt-In Solution That Is Easy to Install
Our tubular lower control arm bolts into place using your original control arm’s mounting hardware. If your fasteners have seen better days or went missing don’t worry, we offer as well as an to keep your project from grinding to a halt.
Factory style sway bar end links are compatible with the lower control arms and can be reused if yours are in good condition. Rubber sway bar end links frequently deteriorate and new are offered individually as well as a .
To match the handling gains that these front control arms provide we offer a for G-Body cars which features incredibly rigid boxed tubing and new polyurethane control arm bushings. The combination of tubular front and rear control arms offers performance handling at an incredible value.
What more could you ask for from a set of bolt-on Speedway Motors tubular control arms like these? Your G-body or S 10 gains increased handling, performance bushings with minimal deflection, and more, all at a fraction of the cost of the competition.
Application This Part Fits
- 1978-1988 Chevy Monte Carlo
- 1978-1983 Chevy Malibu
- 1978-1987 Chevy El Camino
- 1982-2003 Chevy S10 Pickup
- 1983-2004 Chevy S10 Blazer
- 1978-1987 GMC Caballero
- 1983-2001 GMC S15 Jimmy
- 1982-1990 GMC S15 Pickup
- 1991-2003 GMC Sonoma
- 1978-1988 Buick Regal
- 1978-1988 Buick Grand National
- 1978-1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass
- 1978-1987 Pontiac Grand Prix
- 1978-1981 Pontiac Le Mans
Specs Material Type Steel Sold in Quantity Kit Finish Powder Coated Color Black Hardware Included No Material Thickness .120 Tube O.D. 1.5 Control Arm Style Tubular Position Front Bushing Included Yes Bushing Material Delrin Bushings Included Yes Notes 1.25" upper and 1.5" lower tubing diameter Shipping
- Please take advantage of the “add to cart” button on each listing to get everything in your cart prior to completing checkout. This will ensure you receive a combined shipping rate on your entire order.
- Some products are too large for standard ground delivery and must be shipped via truck freight.
- Please contact us via Message for a freight shipping estimate.
- When possible, please provide a business or commercial address for delivery to eliminate additional fees.
- Please ensure the phone number provided is accurate to avoid delays.
- Upon delivery, the recipient must inspect the shipment before the driver leaves as there may be concealed damage; please open the carton to inspect the contents. Any visual damage must be noted on the shipping document BEFORE signing for delivery. Any damage not noted before signing for delivery is the buyer’s responsibility. If damage is found, the shipment may be refused, but please contact us as soon as possible and arrangements will be made to have the product replaced and damaged parts returned.
Tech Support We're here to help before and after your purchase. If you have a question or need assistance with one of our products, please contact us through Messaging and a knowledgeable Speedway Motors team member will be happy to help. About Speedway Motors is America’s Oldest Speed Shop® and has been a trusted source for specialty rodding and racing products and friendly expert advice for more than 71 years. Founded in 1952 by “Speedy” Bill Smith – a racer and street rodder himself – Speedway has grown from a one-man operation to become the world’s largest manufacturer, distributor and retailer of street rod and racing products. Our industry-leading fast delivery is the result of same-day shipping from our state-of-the-art, centrally located 500,000 sq. ft. headquarters. Speedway’s size offers customers unmatched product selection and low pricing, while our excellent technical support and customer service have made us a recognized leader in the rodding and racing industries. Return Policy We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. If within 60 days after you receive your shipment and you are not satisfied, you may return the item for a refund. Refunds will be processed (1-2) days after the item is received by Speedway. All returned merchandise must be in original factory condition with no modifications or alterations. A restocking fee up to 15% may be applied if items are not in new condition.
Returned merchandise must include all packaging materials, warranty cards, manuals, and accessories. If the items being returned need to be repackaged, there will be a repacking charge. Repack the item in a sturdy box, include a copy of your invoice and complete the form on the back of the invoice. You must ship orders back PREPAID. WE DO NOT ACCEPT COD SHIPMENTS.
All fiberglass items returned will be subject to a 15% restocking charge. No returns on electrical parts, DVDs, and books unless they are defective. Absolutely no returns on special order or closeout merchandise. Payment
- Accepted Payment Methods - PayPal and major credit cards are accepted.
- Terms - Immediate payment is required on all listings.
- To view states in which sales tax will apply to your order, please visit the “shipping and payments” tab.
Guarantee Speedway accepts full responsibility for the accuracy of our listings and product representation. If an egregious shipping or description error occurs, we are happy to assist with a replacement or refund. Disclaimer Due to our large inventory and the diversity of our product line, the stock photo used may not be an exact representation of the item you are offerding on. Please read all product information carefully before purchase to avoid any order issues.