The 'Race of Champions' is the crowning highlight of every motorsports year, with the world's best racing and rally drivers at the wheel of different vehicles in exciting head-to-head races infront of thousands of thrilled motorsports fans. Legendary drivers such as Michael Schumacher, Sebastien Loeb, Tom Kristensen and Matthias Ekström were among those participating in the December 2008 event at London's Wembley Stadium, which also marked the first appearance of the KTM X-BOW.
The organisers, in particular rally legend Michelle Mouton, were fascinated by the revolutionary, lightweight supersports car from Austria. "The X-BOW is an exciting new sportscar – it generates an incredible furore with its spectacular design alone," said Mouton, the most successful and best-known female rally driver of all time. And the participating racing drivers were all unanimous in their enthusiasm for the X-BOW. Formula 1 legend David Coulthard commented, "It's an ingenious car concept that also looks quite simply unique." Sebastian Vettel enthused that "Driving the KTM X-BOW is incredible fun," while multiple world rally champion Sebastien Loeb called it simply "a great car!"
Everyone at the young car manufacturer is extremely proud of the X-BOW's performance at the Race of Champions; so much so, it was logical that a special limited-edition series, named 'Race of Champions', or ROC for short, should be produced. Unique details featuring on the series of 30 units include: exclusive ROC design on the body panels and the weight-saving all-carbon body; the sports exhaust which attracts special attention with its deep sound; specially painted light-weight alloy wheels with a central wheel nut; adjustable sports suspension; and a removable multi-function steering wheel. The price for the ultimate supersports car of champions is 69,980 Euros (plus national taxes and import duties).
The ROC series features in detail
- Carbon fibre monocoque with crash box in clear coat finish
- Audi 2.0 TFSI engine with direct fuel injection
- Smooth racing underbody, front splitter and rear diffuser in carbon composite
- Body panels and wheel covers in carbon fibre
- Exclusive paintwork in ROC design
- Individually adjustable pedals
- Adjustable and removable multi-function steering wheel
- 'Keyless Go' system
- Performance suspension, with adjustable compression and rebound rates, and with preload-adjuster
- Limited-slip differential
- Lacquered light-alloy wheels with central wheel nut in ROC design
- Plus: Schuberth helmet and X-BOW indoor cover